View from the Terrace Nyali Beach Hotel Mombasa
I wonder when this black and white image was taken.
When I was a sophomore in Middlebury College in Vermont, I lived in Le Chateau, pictured below.
Le Chateau, Middlebury College
I’ve been looking through some of my cat postcards in anticipation of the Pacific Northwest Postcard Club meeting tomorrow.
I have an autographed copy of Facing Mt. Kenya by Jomo Kenyatta. I wonder what it is worth. My husband actually won it years ago, shortly after Kenya gained independence in 1963. We were attending a function at University College Nairobi and late in the evening as the crowd was thinning, my then boy friend Ian was the lucky winner of this prize. This was in September 1966 when Kenyatta was the much revered Head of State.
!. Frog Music by Emma Donohue
2. The Words I Never Wrote by Jane Thynne
3. The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem by Sarit Yishai-Levi
4. The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel
5. The Alaska Adventures of a Norwegian Cheechako, a Greenhorn with a Gold Pan by Harald Elde
6. The Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald
7. The Women’s March by Jennifer Chiaverini
8. The Singer’s Gun by Emily St. John Mandel
9. Larry’s Party by Carol Shields